Red Light Holland Logo Redesign Contest Official Contest Rules
Who Can Enter
- To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be Canadian and/or U.S. and/or Netherlands residents (19+) who are users of either Twitter, Instagram and/or Facebook social media platforms.
How to Enter
- Entry online, by Twitter, Instagram and/or Facebook via any one (1) or all of 3 (three) of the aforementioned social media platforms from your personal social media accounts:
- To enter, SHARE A POST or multiple posts on your Twitter, Instagram and/or Facebook account(s). All Posts must include: (i) $TRIP - and/or - $TRUFF for Twitter and #TRIP and/or #TRUFF for Instagram and Facebook (ii) All posts must tag either Red Light Holland @redlightholland and/or Todd Shapiro (@iamtoddytickles) and/or Khloë Terae (@khloe) and/or Russell Peters (Twitter: @therealrussellpeters - Instagram @RussellPeters) (iii) In your Post creatively explain why you feel you should be a part of the Red Light Holland Logo Redesign Committee with Russell Peters, Khloë and whomever else Red Light Holland chooses to appoint. Your entries can include any reason, in text, why you feel you should be selected for this fun opportunity to be a part of the Logo Redesign Committee for Red Light Holland and have a chance to be one of three (3) winners of $5000.00 CND.
- The contest starts on Monday, December 14th, 2020 at 8:30am Eastern Time and all (unlimited) entries via Twitter, Instagram and/or Facebook must be posted by December 31st, 2020 at 11:59am to qualify.
- 3 (three) winners will be selected by Red Light Holland, on January 8th, 2021 at 5pm Eastern Time, at the Company’s sole discretion based on the Social Media Entries (according to the aforementioned contest rules and the Social Media Rules below). Remaining entries will not carry over to any future contest and there will be no other winners selected, unless one of the 3 (three) original winners decline their Consulting Contract - the “Contract”.
- The 3 (three) winners will be contacted via their social media channels, by Red Light Holland Staff. All winners will then be required to submit emails and telephone numbers for Red Light Holland Staff to contact the winners. Red Light Holland staff will put forward their best efforts to contact the winners. Red Light Holland cannot guarantee the winners will be contacted, due to unforeseen events. Once contacted, Red Light Holland will follow up with the winners and present the winners a temporary one (1) month Consulting Contract - the “Contract” for the purposes of joining the Red Light Holland Logo Committee to help choose or offer suggestions on ideas, presented to the committee, with the intention of helping guide and pick a new logo for Red Light Holland, whereby the rights of the Logo, are solely owned in perpetuity by Red Light Holland.
- No purchase is necessary to enter. As many entries are allowed per account holder.
- The purpose of entrants, who must use $TRIP and/or $TRUFF for Twitter and #TRIP and/or #TRUFF for Instagram and Facebook, has been established so Red Light Holland staff can discover all the posts around the specific Logo Redesign Contest. Using $TRIP or $TRUFF for Twitter and #TRIP and/or #TRUFF for Instagram and Facebook is an easy way to aggregate all social media content for the the Logo Redesign Contest and properly reconcile posts meant as entries into the contest, giving all entrants a fair chance at being discovered for the contest.
Red Light Holland Logo Redesign Contest falls under the Company’s already established Contest Rules and Regulations: (as seen below)
Rules for Social Media Giveaways for the official RED LIGHT HOLLAND and I AM TODDY TICKLES Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages: including the Red Light Holland Logo Redesign Contest.
By posting, re-posting, or submitting User Content to RED LIGHT HOLLAND Social Media ("Posting"), you agree that we can use the User Content in part or in full -- including any names, voices, images and performances contained in that User Content -- for any purpose. Further, by Posting, you grant the us a perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable worldwide license in any and all media (now known or hereafter devised) to use, reproduce, distribute, display, perform, modify and create derivative works based upon the User Content for any purpose, including advertising and promotion, without notice, attribution or payment. You also waive any moral rights associated with the User Content. You certify that you are the original author, creator, or owner of User Content, and that you have the right to Post it. You also certify that you have acquired and hereby grant us all necessary rights for to depict anyone who appears in the User Content, and that our use of the User Content in accordance with this license will not violate or infringe upon anyone else's rights.
For the avoidance of doubt, we make no representation that we monitor all User Content. We reserve the right to reject or remove any User Content that we, in our sole discretion, seeks to:
Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, misleading or unlawful material or information.
Upload or attach files that contain software or other material for which you do not own or have the express right to use.
Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, spyware or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded.
Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
We reserve the right to modify these Rules from time to time. These Rules are governed by the laws of Ontario without regard to or application of its conflict of law provisions or your state/province or country of residence.
Official Twitter and Instagram Giveaway Rules for @redlightholland
By participating in a Twitter, Facebook and/or Instagram Giveaway (a "Promotion") promoted by Any of the aforementioned “Red Light Holland Social Media” Accounts (collectively the "Red Light Holland Account"), you agree to these Official Twitter, Facebook and Instagram Giveaway Rules, which are a contract, so read them carefully before participating. Without limitation, this contract includes indemnities to the released parties from you and a limitation of your rights and remedies. The contract will refer to you as "you" or "Participant".
The details and requirements for entry or participation in any Promotion shall be provided by the Red Light Holland Account from time to time, in the discretion of the Red Light Holland Account. Participants must follow the directions provided by the Red Light Holland Account and otherwise be bound by and follow these Official Twitter, Facebook and Instagram Giveaway Rules to be eligible to receive a prize in connection with any Promotion.
To be eligible you must be: (a) a legal Canadian and/or U.S. resident, and (b) be at least 19 years of age (or legal age of majority in your state) to participate in a Promotion. A Participant must be a follower of the Red Light Holland Twitter, Facebook and/or Instagram account announcing the Promotion to be eligible to participate. Employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents of any Released Parties (defined below) and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries & affiliated companies and their immediate families and those living in their same household, whether or not related, are not eligible for any Promotion. The Red Light Holland Account will determine giveaway recipients in its sole and absolute discretion. If you have received a prize in connection with a Promotion in the last 30 days, you're not eligible. If a Promotion prize recipient is determined to be ineligible, the Red Light Holland Account may, in its sole and absolute discretion, not give away the goods or may give the goods to the next eligible follower. You will be required to privately (through direct message, email, or other secure, private means) provide your name, address, age and other personal information necessary to receive the prize, if you are selected as a Promotion prize recipient. Except for Winner Information (defined below), the Red Light Holland Account will not keep or store your information or use it for any purpose other than sending your giveaway item(s) or providing you information on receiving the item(s). Promotions are subject to all applicable federal, provincial, state and local laws, rules or regulations and these Official Twitter and Instagram Giveaway Rules.
For and in consideration of being a Participant in the Promotion and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt of which you hereby acknowledge, you hereby confirm that any and all materials submitted by you in connection with the Promotion including, without limitation, any photographs, music and/or videos, are and/or were created for the Red Light Holland Account and shall constitute "works made for hire" and that the Red Light Holland Account shall be considered the author thereof and shall own all rights (under copyright and otherwise) in and to any and all such materials throughout the universe, in perpetuity, with all right to make such changes in, and such uses and exploitations thereof, for all media now known and hereafter devised, as the Red Light Holland Account may determine in its sole discretion (including without limitation the right to refrain from doing so). If it is determined that any such materials do not qualify as "works made for hire," then you hereby irrevocably assign, transfer and convey such materials to the Red Light Holland Account to the full extent had they so qualified.
Participants may not take actions that are negligent, injurious or reckless in pursuit of any prize offered in connection with a Promotion. Participants who do not follow this rule or who otherwise participate in a Promotion in an unsportsmanlike manner will be disqualified from the Promotion. Participants are solely responsible for any injuries or other damages that are caused from their behavior. Participants agree to indemnify, release, discharge and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, liability, losses, damages or injuries of any kind with respect thereto.
Each winner of a prize in a Promotion is solely responsible for any and all applicable federal, provincial, state and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes on any prize), regardless of whether the prize, in whole or in part, is used. The ARV (approximate retail value) of any prize is based on available information provided to the Red Light Holland Account and the value of any prize awarded to a Promotion winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law.
By participating in a Promotion, you agree to (i) be bound by these Official Twitter and Instagram Giveaway Rules, including all entry requirements provided at the time the Promotion is announced and/or promoted, and (ii) waive any and all claims against RED LIGHT HOLLAND and each of their respective subsidiaries or affiliated entities, and any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control of Red Light Holland and the directors, officers, employees and agents, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers, representatives and advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the above entities (collectively, "Released Parties") for any injury, damage or loss of any kind that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in the Promotion or from receipt or use of any Promotion prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s)). Each winning Participant, by acceptance of prize, grants to Red Light Holland and its designees the right to publicize his/her name, address (city and state of residence), photograph, voice, statements and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, promotional and/or trade and/or any other purpose ("Winner Information") in any media or format now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without limitation and without further compensation, consideration, permission or notification, unless prohibited by law. The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Twitter, Facebook and Instagram Giveaway Rules or the rights and obligations of participants or the Released Parties in connection with the Promotion will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the Province of Ontario, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state's laws.
BY PARTICIPATING IN A PROMOTION, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE PROMOTION, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND PARTICIPANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) PARTICIPANT'S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND PARTICIPANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.